About the Don Valley Art Club
The Don Valley Art Club is one of the oldest and most prominent organizations in the Toronto arts community. Starting out as a small group of East York artists in 1948, the club has since grown and continues to flourish with a membership of more than 180 active participants.
Thanks to the exceptional dedication of volunteer members who run our organization, we are a dynamic club that offers weekly programs and a wide range of activities and events.
As we share our facility with the Forest Hill Art Club, members have increased opportunities to take part in weekly programs offered by both clubs.
DVAC Weekly Programs
- Open Studio – Throughout most days and some evenings, members can bring their own materials and paint what they wish, apart from any instructional class or model-drawing session that may be going on;
- Monday morning/afternoon – Members bring their lunch and work on their own projects in the company of fellow artists;
- Monday evening – Printmaking;
- Tuesday evening – Portrait or Life with Model;
- Wednesday evening – Extended Pose with Model;
- Friday evening – A social night for club members featuring, among others: New Member’s Night, guest artist demonstrations and talks, movie nights and art critique nights;
- Sunday afternoon – Portrait Drawing and Painting – Members pose, as fellow members draw or paint their portraits.
- Weekend Workshops – (additional charge) training on various aspects and growing trends in art,
- Plein Air Excursions – held throughout the spring, summer and fall months,
- Art Shows – held twice a year at Papermill Gallery, Todmorden Mills Heritage Site
- Annual Holiday Party.